Otherwise known as the deadly carcinogen is Asbestos. Asbestos is a natural mineral that is mined by bulldozing, blasting, and shoveling. A little known fact about asbestos is that it is a commercial name that refers to 6 minerals. These minerals are: Chrysotile, Actinolite, Amosite, Anthophyllite, Crocidolite, and Tremolite. In the U.S, asbestos containing rock formation can be found in the New England states, New York City, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and Nevada.
Asbestos can indeed be seriously deadly as when this is inhaled into the lungs, these fibers, which are needle-shaped, can line themselves in any person’s lungs to rob them of their ability to breath. Asbestos can be inhaled or swallowed and an accumulation of this in a person’s lungs can cause lung cancer and Mesothelioma. These diseases are indeed fatal and they can lead a person to experience suffering that lasts for a very long time, even with treatment. What makes asbestos such a lethal killer is the fact that it is non-degradable, which means that it does not burn and nor does it become hot. To have this present in your home is dangerous, which is why you should seek the services of experts who have experience at detecting and dealing with asbestos in homes, schools, and other indoor areas. We know everything there is to know about asbestos. Contact us now and we will locate any quantities of asbestos in your homes.
We are the committed to providing you with high-quality and professional service. Our job is to make the environment a better and safer place to live in. We concentrate our expertise and services on inspecting homes, office, buildings, and other structures for hazardous elements such as molding, asbestos, and lead, which can all lead many people to develop serious illnesses and conditions that are life threatening. Asbestos in particular is a very harmful mineral when inhaled as an accumulation of this can cause lung disease and cancer that is tremendously dangerous to any person’s health. We know and understand this, which is why we offer the best asbestos inspection in Boston. Our inspection services are all conducted by highly trained and licensed individuals.
How we inspect for asbestos
Hiring us for asbestos checking in your homes or offices is a very wise move. It shows that you value your safety as well as your family or friends. We offer our service of testing for asbestos in your home by the use of tools that are all vital at testing for asbestos. Our services can take a few minutes to an hour as homes have different sizes. Here is the process by which we test for asbestos in your home.
- We start the testing by sending a group of highly trained individuals to your home, where they will inspect your home for areas that show signs of asbestos in them. Our representatives will pick a place where they can create a small hole on the wall to gather samples. This is indeed necessary as asbestos can be found inside walls. You have not to worry as there will be minimal damage. You have to remember that asbestos is a killer and you do not want your family in any harm.
- The samples that are gathered by our representatives will be taken to a federally credited laboratory for analysis. This makes the testing and analysis process tremendously efficient as we are able to make a comprehensive report for you in all of 24 hours.
- After giving you our detailed report, we will train you on methods by which you can ensure safety in your home by preventing asbestos from ever entering your home. Your family will be safe from any lung disease that having asbestos in your home.
Hazards of asbestos
Since asbestos is a known carcinogen, inhaling its fibers over a period of time, will cause lung cancer. When you are part of a team that will renovate a building, your chances of being exposed asbestos is large. This is why you should take the greatest precautions before taking the job. The hazards of asbestos are so dangerous that it is now highly regulated and controlled whenever it is used for different products. Let us take a look at the hazards of asbestos:
- Asbestos fibers are to miniscule to be spotted by the naked eye. This makes asbestos tremendously easy to inhale as it will line itself on your lungs to build a scar tissue that is known as asbestosis. This will result in a loss of lung function, which is characterized by shortened breathing as well as loss of breath. When this condition progresses, the results are always fatal as it slowly deteriorates a person’s lungs to the point that they are no longer able to breathe.
- Asbestos also causes lung cancer to all ages. For children who are constantly expose to this, they live a maximum of 10 years, which no child should ever have as a lifespan. Depending on the severity of the cancer, the person who has this due to asbestos exposure will either live a long period that is filled with pain and suffering or, they will experience death in a few months.
How to reduce the hazards of asbestos exposure
For people who have to work with asbestos, there are a few ways that they can reduce the threats of this on their health. They can take hazard awareness training programs that comprehensively educate and train individuals on what protective clothing to wear, as well as how to perform certain tasks efficiently while in the presence of asbestos so that they get the job done immediately and reduce the risks of getting asbestosis.
What you should do
If you wish to avoid exposure to asbestos, it is best that you hire our services. We will check and inspect for asbestos in your homes and offices. We will get rid of the problem permanently so that you do not ever have to risk exposure. How do we do this? We do this because we are simply the best!